Headaches are a common condition that we all, unfortunately, can suffer from. One thing is for sure, identifying the type and source is the first step to combating and eliminating those painful headaches.
There are many different types of headaches; tension headaches, cluster headaches,
allergy/sinus headache, or even a caffeine headache. Rain? Heat? De-hydration? Well, those
can be an example of its source! Certain yoga poses have been proven to provide relief by recirculating oxygen and blood throughout your body.
This in combination with effective home remedies can promise immediate relief and possibly keep those annoying headaches away!
Here are 4 yoga poses to help relieve your headache:
1. Bālāsana – Child’s Pose: Your pressure points will activate in your forehead. This will
increase blood flow to your head, releasing tension around your shoulders, spine and
2. Adho Mukha Svanasana – Downward Dog: During this pose, your heart is above your
head. As a result, it can reverse your blood flow causing a rush of blood to your brain.
3. Uttanasana – Ragdoll Pose: Bowing down and releasing tension from your neck and
spine. Enjoy gravity pulling you, creating that gap between your spine and neck.
4. Viparite Karani – Legs Up the Wall Pose: Increase your blood flow towards your brain
(opposite direction of downward dog). This pose helps eliminate your painful headache!
While practicing these poses, allow your head to relax, as you hold for 5-10 breaths. Come out of the pose and lie on your back until the pressure passes.
Don’t forget! You should do this in combination with some home remedies to promise the best results.
1. Drinking lots of water throughout the day. This can help relieve the headache and most
importantly keep it away too.
2. Promising your body lots of rest by scheduling the right amount of sleep (when
3. Soothing your pain with a cold compress. Apply cold/frozen compresses to your neck
and head to decrease inflammation.
4. Avoid strong smells. It might amplify the headache further.
5. Make a delicious cup of ginger tea. Ginger root has many benefits, including anti-
inflammatory substances and antioxidants.
Finding the right combination that suits your body can ensure those headaches don’t come
around and if they do, you know a good approach to make it disappear.